I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Thank you for your support!
COCOOIL Organic Coconut Oil Review
I’m always on the lookout for an organic coconut oil that is going to rock my world… meet COCOOIL Face & Body. Unlike most coconut oils, this gorgeous Australian-made silky product never solidifies. It’s seriously like magic!
Organic coconut oil is a staple in my bathroom. I would probably consider it to be the single most important product in my skincare regime and one of my all-time favourite multi-taskers.
And even though I’m sure you’ve already heard how amazing coconut oil is, I’m going to remind you again…
Not only is it a healthy cooking oil, it also cleanses and moisturises your skin, nourishes your hair, is gentle enough to use on your little cherubs, prevents stretch marks, protects you from the sun (it has an SPF of about 4-6) and removes make up, just to name a few!
Helen Nichols, the well-educated health junkie behind the popular site: Well-being Secrets, wrote an excellent article called 28 Science-Verified Health Benefits of Coconut Oil, which illustrates just how beneficial coconut oil is for our health.
Now you can see why I always have organic coconut oil in supply?!
COCOOIL Face & Body Organic Coconut Oil is really cool because, unlike more coconut oils, it never goes hard. In addition to the most beautiful quality coconut oil, it also contains:
- APRICOT KERNEL OIL | rich in Omegas 6,9 & Vitamin E which makes it excellent at moisturising and hydrating your skin
- GRAPE SEED OIL | contains some seriously powerful antioxidants which rejuvenate your skin, helping heal and repair damage
- SUNFLOWER SEED OIL | also rich in Omegas 6,9 Vitamins A, D, E & Minerals which provides deep nourishment
COCOOIL sources their super high quality Fair Trade Certified organic cold pressed coconut oil from the Pacific Islands which supports the local communities. All of their products are then formulated, tested & manufactured in Sydney, Australia.
These are some the many ways that I have been using this oil:
- BABY MOISTURISER | All four oils are safe to use on sensitive skin which makes it perfect to use on baby skin. Lucky little Billy has had a good dose of this oil in his 11 week lifespan!
- BODY MOISTURISER
- FACIAL MOISTURISER | Great by itself, but sometimes I add a few drops of Vetiver and Lavender essential oils, which has a calming and grounding effect on the senses.
- FACIAL CLEANSER AND MAKEUP REMOVER | Using the oil cleansing method, which essentially consists of putting oil all over your face, rubbing it in, and gently wiping it off with a warm cloth. (I know you’re supposed to use castor oil, but I’ve always found it to be drying on my skin – COCOOIL seems to work just fine as it is). My skin is always so smooth, soft and seriously hydrated after doing this.
- HAIR CONDITIONER | A couple of times I have used the oil overnight and washed my hair in the morning. Silky, luscious locks resulted! Other times, I have used a tiny bit after washing and drying my hair to add a bit of silkiness and calm any frizziness.
The oil is very light, both in colour and consistency, and smells deliciously “coconutty”. When applying, it is important not to get too carried away – apply in thin layers, rather than one thick layer, as a thick layer will saturate the skin and make it hard to absorb, When applied correctly, the oil is not greasy and absorbs really well.
Overall, a lovely, versatile organic coconut oil, mixed with some other lovely and super beneficial goodies.
Ingredients: Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot kernel) oil, Vitis vinifera (Grape seed) oil, High Linoleic Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) seed oil.
* This article does not contain affiliate links.
28 Science-Verified Health Benefits of Coconut Oil